Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where was I?


Well, well, well, where have I been? I have been deep in a stressful fog and the fog has finally cleared. It all started in mid May with a trip to CT to see my parents because my mother wasn’t feeling well and to celebrate my birthday. The end of May we started a complete kitchen and back hall remodel. For those of you that have done a complete remodel, I need to say no more. Wow, I knew it was going to be inconvenient, but it was awful. I will spare you all the details and tell you that it is all done and I love it.
My mother ended up in the hospital for a total of 4 weeks and 3 days in 2 separate stays for heart and lung problems, in and out of intensive care.  My husband and I were in CT for 10 days in July and then I was back in August for another 10 days. Again I will spare you most of the details, but the bottom line is that my mother is an amazing woman. The doctors told her that there was nothing else they could do for her and sent her home. Since she got home she is doing remarkable and getting stronger every day.
My daughter, Carol, has been keeping my orders going and has been a life saver. She allowed me to deal with my personal issues and kept my business going for me.  Carol is going to be doing some marketing for me and writing some newsletters and blogs in the future.
With all that business out of the way, I will leave you with some eye candy.
These pictures are from the last meeting of my quilting bee.


Karen made this wonderful recipe quilt. The white squares in the quilt have our favorite recipes written on them that we exchanged last year.


Nancy made this beautiful star quilt with striped and solid fabric.

Carol made this quilt for a relative out of her husbands shirts. The solid squares are the shirts and she bordered them with 2 1/2" squares and quilted a beautiful all over design.

These last four quilts were made by Mary Lou. Every single one was hand cut and hand pieced except for the borders. There are many more quilt tops of Mary Lou's to show you. She must have finished 40 to 50 quilt tops in the last year and every one is hand cut and hand pieced. Amazing!

See you soon!
Laura

2 comments:

mzjohansen said...

I am so sorry for this difficult time you and your family have been enduring.
My prayers and wishes for laughter and returning good health go out to you!

Unknown said...

I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog

ហ្វានតាន Online